Thanks for supporting me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=845171 Easy battery swap for your quartz watch! Detailed description below ↡
My Wristwatch playlist: http://tinyurl.com/zjk7np5
Make sure to hit that subscribe button if you’re new here! Thanks for watching!
Easily change your Timex Weekender quartz watch battery or any snap-back wristwatch with common household items: a knife and a sturdy plastic top or container. This video was made at the request of a viewer! Thanks for watching, liking, and subbing!
STEPS FOR CHANGING BATTERY:
1) Acquire knife and sturdy plastic item as close to the size of the caseback as possible
2) Pry off caseback with knife using leverage and opening slot on caseback (point knife blade away from yourself!)
3) Pop battery out with knife and replace battery: CR 2016 3V with the Weekender
4) Check caseback’s gasket to make sure it is in good shape
5) Using you plastic item on top of the caseback, carefully press caseback on. The Weekender has very tight tolerances so you will need either a vice or a thin carpet to put the watch head on while you evenly step on the plastic top (this is an improvised caseback press ha!).
6) Make sure the watch is running by fully depressing the crown into the case.
7) Like and sub if it worked for you!
Check out my vid on another great Timex watch, the Scout!